THE REMOGNA COLLECTION
Three rooms house the Remogna collection, donated by doctor Mario Remogna from Borgosesia between 2002 and 2013: paintings, statues, liturgical and nonreligious decorations, pieces of furniture and a small group of drawings and engravings, for a total of 105 pieces.
The prestigious collection, started in the 1920s by the father of the donor, doctor Giovanni Remogna (1893 – 1970), gathers artworks which range from the XV until the XIX Century: the earliest pieces are the Madonna with Child in the Mandorla (c. 1450 – 1460) , a wooden statue which remembers the works of Baldino da Surso, and the small panel with (1480 – 1485), by an unknown artist from north western Italy close to the style of Giovanni Martino Spanzotti.
Among the many masterpieces stand out the Binding of Isaac (c. 1585 – 1590) and the Massacre of the Innocents (1605-1610) by the Emilian painter Camillo Procaccini, the (c. 1605 – 1610) by Guglielmo Caccia called Moncalvo.
The precious (c. 1613 – 1614) by Tanzio da Varallo.
The impressive Portrait of Alessandro Zanchi (c. 1646 – 1656) by Gian Giacomo Inchiocco from Crema, known as Barbelli; and an altarpiece by Giambettino Cignaroli from Verona, a relevant painter of the XVIII Century.
The XVII Century in Valsesia is represented by four paintings ascribed to Pier Francesco Gianoli, from the generation next to Tanzios, and some wooden scupltures; the XIX and XX Century deal with the typical themes of landscape and portrait (
Finally, the collection also includes an assortment of majolica ware: of particular interest is the group of flasks and drug jars dated between the XVIII and the XIX Century coming from the ancient Campi chemists shop in Crevacuore, taken over by the donors great-grandfather.